The 7th ESSUS conference will take place in-person, being hosted in Cluj-Napoca, after a two-year period in which the lifestyle and behaviours of students were affected by the anti-pandemic measures. For this occasion we invite you to share your student-related Covid-19 pandemic experience or the results of studies on lifestyle and behaviours in university students that you have carried out. More specifically, our interest will be on advanced and digital methods for investigating students’ health status or behaviours and interventions to maintain or improve students’ well-being.
Nowadays it is well known that in the curative medical practice, the orientation towards preventive, predictive, personalized, and participatory medicine gives better results than the previously practiced classical curative one. Students represent a young, apparently healthy, population, but conversely, they are exposed to the most new and diverse technologies, entailing new health challenges. Improvement in the case of preventive medicine for students is more complex and difficult.
This conference offers a great opportunity to join practitioners and challenge discussions on the future and most appropriate solutions to improve students’ well-being in the next years.
We invite participants to present their research on the above mentioned theme and its accompanying phenomena around the following conference subthemes:
- Students’ health problems related to health behaviours and their possible solutions
- Substance use by students: alcohol, tobacco, vaping, cannabis and others
- Solutions for controlling substances abuse
- Advanced methods for studying the students’ health behaviours
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) in the assessment of the health behaviours and health status
- Impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on health and health behaviours among students
- Solutions to reduce the impact of anti-pandemic measures
- Current and alternative (new/future/ digital) methods for health promotion among students
- (Future) Health promotion services for students
- Other topics related to students’ behaviors and lifestyle
Recommendations for authors
Abstracts are limited to 300 words. Each abstract will be drafted with introduction, methods, results, and conclusions. The abstracts of methodological works may include introduction, methods approach, results, critical discussion, and conclusion. A maximum of 3-5 keywords will be added. The inclusion of tables, figures or references is not accepted. Abstracts will be published in the Medicine and Pharmacy Reports journal. The publication fee is in addition to the participation fee and will be managed by the abstract’s submitting author.
The submitting author is automatically listed as the contact author.
For submitting the abstract please fill out the form, using the button below.
- 18/09/2022: deadline abstract submission
- 22/09/2022: abstract acceptance
- 02/10/2022: deadline for registration
- 13 -15/10/2022: conference
Conference fee: € 150
Reduced conference fee for students: one day € 25 – two days € 50
The conference fee covers admission to all sessions, refreshments during breaks and lunches. The fee does not cover additional costs such as social programs, dinners, accommodation or travel costs.
Number of participants is limited.
We look forward to meeting you at the 7th ESSUS conference, 13 – 15 October 2022 in Cluj-Napoca, Romania. Save the date!
On behalf of the organizing committee of the ESSUS 2022 conference, and the ESSUS network.
Irina Brumboiu, Cristina Mogosan, Irina Iaru